Richard Cucci Esq. is an attorney with over 30 years’ experience in the Construction and real estate industry.
He handles a variety of matters including counseling of prime and trade contractors, owners, developers, architects and design firms in all aspects of construction management.
Richard’s extensive experience, having previously served as both principal and general counsel of a prominent New York construction management firm, has provided him with the ability to advise clients in all aspects
of construction management, providing advise on problem avoidance through effective risk and project management.
His effective counsel provides guidance in:
- Drafting and negotiating construction contracts for owners and contractors
- Construction risk assessment and avoidance
- Owner/developer project management
- Claims prevention, preparation, and negotiation
- Insurance coverage and risk management
- NYC Dept. of Buildings (DOB) and Environmental Control Board(ECB) claims and violation resolution
- OSHA and workplace safety issues
Other services provided include:
- Labor and employment matters
- Human resource counseling, including Employee handbook preparation, discrimination, and harassment claims
wage and hour issues, executive employment contracts.
- Real estate leasing, residential real estate, construction and buildouts
- Construction, labor law issues
- Scaffolding worksite accidents
Richard has experience in transactional matters including:
- Residential Real estate matters-preparation , review of contract ,related documentation, closing matters,
- Family Law matters-research, drafting , negotiating and advising clients involved in Divorce, annulment , child custody, visitation rights, child and spousal support.
Richard was formerly general counsel and a principal at a prominent New York City General contracting and Construction Management
firm for 25 years where he gained extensive experience in handling complex construction matters ; liability insurance and risk management issues;
mechanic’s lien preparation, enforcement and resolution.